Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why I Create Recipes

Of course I can always use anyone's recipes of which there are TONS all over the Internet.

That being said, I prefer to control my own levels of salt, sugar, fat, spices, protein, grains, carbs, etc... I have had more trips to the ER for allergy issues in the last 3 years then I ever wanted to have.

My hope is that by creating my own recipes and using more wholesome products: 

  1. Farmer's Market Produce
  2. Frozen Fruits Without Sugar Added
  3. Frozen Vegetables With Very Little Sodium
  4. Gluten-Free Grains
  5. Sea Salt 
  6. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  7. Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
  8. Grass Fed Beef 
  9. Wild Caught Salmon
  10. Wild Caught Trout
  11. Sardines Imported From Morocco or Portugal in Olive Oil
  12. Antibiotic Free Range Chicken
  13. RGB Free Greek Yogurt
  14. Omega Three Fat Free High Protein Milk
  15. Organic Foods
  16. Rice, Soy, Nut Milks Made in My Vitamix Using The Item Plus Water

Usually then I do not have to worry about getting sick and more ER Trips from products which have items I am allergic to that do not list it on the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment