Sunday, September 5, 2010

Great Breakfast at The Honey-Jam Cafe in Batavia, Illinois

Having spent the previous week at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for my second time this year for more tests, procedures and doc appointments I needed to come home and sleep in the comfort of my own bed at least for a few nights before I drive back there on Labor Day for another weekly round of tests and doc appointments.

My sister called me on Saturday and invited me to meet her and her family for breakfast Sunday morning at the Honey Jam Cafe. This is a new restaurant in Batavia, Illinois and I was happy to have some local food and spend time with family.

I ordered the Skillet which had broccolli, mushrooms, peppers, onions, cheese, on top of hash browns and with egg whites on top of everything and told them to hold the tomato. It was very good.

Honey Jam Cafe Veggie Skillet
My sister had a waffle with bananas in a peanut butter sauce and chocolate chips and powdered sugar on top. This looked like a decadent desert for breakfast to me.

Honey-Jam Cafe Waffle With Bananas, Peanut Butter Sauce, Chocolate Chips & Powdered Sugar.




No comments:

Post a Comment