Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mexican Chili Lime Swai

There is a famous saying that "Variety is the Spice of Life", this is me when I am sick of eating ground chicken, need to switch it up a bit and have fish or steak or veggies. I consider Swai to be a great replacement for the Overfished Tilapia, and low in Mercury Content compared to its United States Cousin the Catfish. Super Target has these for a great low everyday price in the freezer section and then Target.com runs coupons for frozen fish so then I stock up. Normally I like to cook fish in the broiler which is fast & healthy, but other times I will saute it or bake it for a change. I am always looking for new flavors & ways of eating the same food.

One 10 Inch Skillet
1 TBSP Canola Oil
12 Ounces of Frozen Swai Thawed
1-2 TBSP of The Spice Hunter Salt Free Mexican Seasoning
http://www.spicehunter.com/search_results.asp?q=mexican%20seasoning
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
Juice of 1 Fresh Lime
1-2 TBSP Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
http://www.franksredhot.com/products/sweet-chili-sauce

Heat Oil on Medium High
Add in Fish
Add in Mexican Seasoning, Garlic, & Lime Juice
Cook About 10-15 Minutes or Until Fish Flakes Easily
Top With Some Chili Sauce & Then Serve


Ready to Cook













Ready to Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment