Thursday, March 15, 2012

Savory And Sweet Cornbread

Illinois along with many other parts of the Midwestern United States has been experiencing record warmth. It was 81 degrees on Wednesday which is the third earliest time in the 150 plus years of meteorologists keeping records for the state of Illinois. Most of my friends & relatives locally and o Facebook have been outside enjoying this beautiful weather while I have been home sick. Went to my doctor Wednesday and he did a test to see if I had strep throat or the Flu despite the fact that I had received the FLU shot at his office in September of 2011. The good news is that both of those tests were normal, that being said I have not exercised since a week ago Friday because I have been sick. Turns out I have a nasty sinus infection and the antibiotic that the doctor prescribed for me is causing me to have quite a bit of dizziness, in addition to my walking around with my ears plugged like I am on a plane and waiting for it to land. I have not cooked anything new since then either. I currently have 13 PIC's of my prior recipes on my computers hard drive and several in my camera to be loaded when I am feeling up to it.

1 Cup Cornmeal
1 Cup Rice Flour
1/4 Cup Splenda or 1 TBSP Coconut Sweetener 
This is best tasting one I have found
http://www.iherb.com/Coconut-Secret-Raw-Coconut-Nectar-Low-Glycemic-Sweetener-12-fl-oz-355-ml/24095?utm_source=gb&utm_medium=pf 
4 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Baking Soda
 TBSP Ground Flaxseed and 6 TBPS Warm Water: ( Mix to make your Egg Substitute)
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy or Coconut Milk
6 Slices of Hormel Smoked Turkey Breast cut into cubes
http://www.hormel.com/products/Variety.aspx?ID=2 
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1/4 TSP Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread
http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/ 
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Diced Peaches 
1 Bread Loaf Pan
Parchment Paper
Non Stick Baking Spray
Mixing Bowl

Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees
Add All Dry Items To Bowl
Add All Wet Items & Mix
Cut Parchment Paper To Fit Bread Pan
Spray Paper

Bake 425 25-40 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment