Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sausage Tomato Pepper Soup

In December 2010 I was sick over the Chanukah/Christmas holidays so I never made it to my younger sister's house to celebrate with her husband and my two young nieces, so we all got together in January of 2011 instead for dinner at her house for our gift exchanges. My sister had a pair of comfy house slippers that I really liked over Thanksgiving so she decided to get me a pair for my gift, unfortunately the slippers did not fit so I wound up going to the Farm & Fleet about 50 minutes from my house in the dead of winter to exchange my slippers before they sold out of there stock and before my receipt expired. As the saying goes, Murphy's Law, decided to strike as they did not have any of these slippers in my size and I spent an hour trying on many other types and nothing fit. I received a store credit and wound up buying my 1st ever Stainless Steel Dutch Oven for the exact amount of my store credit. Although, I was disappointed not to find any house slippers and I still have not found a pair to replace my Dearfoams that croaked a few years ago, I am extremely happy with my Dutch Oven and all the meals I have made in it for the last 13 months.

1 Dutch Oven
1 TSP Canola Oil
1 Package Isernio's Italian Chicken Sausage
1 Diced Onion
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
3-4 Diced Mini Orange, Red, & Yellow Bell Peppers
1 14.5 Oz. Can No Salt Added Petite or Diced Tomatoes
2-3 Cups Very Low Sodium Chicken Broth/Stock

Heat Oil On Medium
Saute Onion, Sausage, & Pepper Till Done
Then Add In Everything Else and Simmer on Low For 20-30 Minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment