Saturday, March 10, 2012

Taco Lemon Salmon

My friend from my local wellness center recently said, that I should have a different blog for each of my food challenges, One for Gluten-Free, one for Dairy-Free, one for Egg-Free recipes and then one for all things fish, all things chicken, all thing beef, etc. I told her that would be just way to time consuming and that my Chronic Pain would be off the charts and I would not be able to do anything with my hands for a few months as I would have to use my Muscle Relaxers 3x a day which would leave me couch bound more then I am now. At this point I can't type that often without having a full flare-up which then means I can't cook much, cut veggies, do light exercise or blow dry my hair. Even though my inflammation levels have decreased and my blood sugars have been normal and not too low lately, the burning in my forearms gets out of hand which defeats my daily goal of Managing Pain before it Manages Me.

I was out of Salt Free Fajita Seasoning and did not feel like making my own so I used Salt Free Taco Seasoning mixed with the Salt Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning.

1 Skillet
1 TSP Canola Oil
1 Wild Alaskan Salmon Filet
Frontier Salt Free Taco Seasoning & Salt Free Lemon Pepper
1 TSP Mince Garlic
Fresh Lemon Juice

Heat Oil on Medium
Place Filet Skin Side Down
Add In Spices
Squeeze half a lemon
Cook one side 3-12 minutes depending on thickness of fish and flip, cook on other side until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment