Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chuck Eye Steak in Bag

I stopped taking my Metagenics Hemagenic's Iron Supplement in December 2011 after 1 and half years, so now I am worried that without red meat 2-3x a month my stored Iron in my Bone Marrow will become seriously depleted again or worse even nonexistent. I tried various forms of Iron and this was the only type that did not give me GI Issues and caused less conflict with my RX Meds and other supplements that i already take. http://www.patientsmedical.com/products/Hemagenics.aspx

On my refrigerator I have a stack of blood test orders from my Immunologist, one for Iron Studies, one for a CBC with Diff, One for Pneumonia and Flu Antibodies, and soon  I will receive an order from my Family Practice Doc for what he wants. Then I will get them all done at once, in one lab and get one bill. With my goal to keep my Iron counts steady, here is a quick way to prepare a less expensive cut of steak so that it is moist & flavorful . I try to get these when each package is on sale for a little over $2.00, then I buy 6 packages which lasts me for a while.

1 3 Quart Oval or Oblong Oven Dish
1 Reynold's Large Oven Bag
Follow Bag Directions
http://www.reynoldsovenbags.com/how-to-use.aspx
1 Package (1 Pound) Chuck Eye Steak or Mock Chuck Tender Steak Cut Into Cubes
1 TBSP Rice Flour
1/8 TSP Sea Salt
1/8 TSP Ground Pepper
1 TBSP Ground Corriander
1 TBSP Cumin
1 TBSP Smoked Paprika
One sliced onion
3-4 Mini Sliced Yellow, Orange, Red Bell Peppers
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
3-4 Drops Tabasco Chipotle Sauce

Preheat Oven To 350
Place Bag in Oven Dish
Add Flour To Bag & Shake
Season Steak With All Your Dried Spices
Add Steak to Bag
Add Onion, Garlic, Peppers, Juice, & Chipotle Sauce
Close And Bake 18-22 Minutes for Medium Rare to Medium or Longer For Medium-Well to Well


Ready to Bake















In Bowl Ready To Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment