Saturday, March 10, 2012

Broccoli Salmon Saute

There is nothing easier to me then putting everything in one skillet, a wok, a dutch oven, a crock pot, a casserole dish, a roaster, or the vitamix and making one dish, soup, or beverage all at once. Having Chronic Pain health issues means that my form of cooking is all about ease, less preparation, use of inexpensive frozen chopped vegetables, bottled minced garlic, bottled chopped jalapenos, sometimes bottled roasted peppers, sometimes pre-grilled frozen chicken breasts, chunks, or strips as well as flame broiled frozen steak strips. I always have a large jar of unsweetened applesauce, canned pumpkin, and ground flaxseed ready for baking. I do not bake every week because it is too difficult on my hands which have severe arthritis so I make a double batch which means 12 muffins instead of 6 or I make 19 and because it is just me I freeze what is left. Making large one part meals is also much easier for me which allows me left overs and extra to freeze and then I do not have to cook on days when my pain is off the charts and I am just hanging out hoping for it to go away.

One Skillet
1 TSP Canola Oil
1 Diced Onion
3-4 Diced Mini Orange, Yellow, & Red Bell Peppers
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
4 Oz. Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon Torn Into Shreds
10-12 Oz Frozen Chopped Broccoli Steamed & Drained
1 TSP Small Capers
1/8 TSP Ground Black Pepper
2-3 Dashes Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
http://countrystore.tabasco.com/TABASCOreg-brand-Chipotle-Pepper-Sauce/productinfo/09753/

Heat Oil on Medium
Add In Everything & Saute Till Done

No comments:

Post a Comment