Friday, July 22, 2011

Kashi Pita Crisps Disappoints

As a longtime fan of Kashi and member of the Kashi Community I really wanted to like the New Kashi TLC Original 7 Grain with Sea Salt Pita Crisps Box that Kashi sent to me for free. They are All Natural and made with 10 Grams of Whole Grains so what is not to like?

The serving size is 11 crisps which equals 120 calories, 3 grams of fat, 180 mg sodium, 22g carbs, 5 fiber, 2g sugars and 3g of protein. For me 180mg is way too much sodium for 11 crackers. I typically like crackers with 55mg of sodium or less. I use crackers to put into low sodium soup so I do not want to add in more sodium from crackers. I also like to have hummus on crackers and there is just to much sodium. The one cracker buy itself tasted like a whole shaker of salt was put on one cracker, it was not pleasant. The texture of the cracker was very hard, tasted stale and I really did not like it.

They did not send me the other new flavor Zesty Salsa so I do not know if that one is just as bad or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment