Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One of the Best Vegetarian Burgers

For the last 30 yrs I have switched between being a Vegan, to Vegetarian, To Ovo-Vegetarian, To Ovo-Lacto-Vegetarian, To Vegetarian, To A Flexatarian ( Eat Mostly Vegetarian). I have tried many Vegetarian & Vegan burgers during this time.

My Top Two Are Listed Here:

http://www.drpraegers.com/California-Veggie-Burgers-P127C51.aspx#
Dr. Pragers Has 110 Calories, 5 Grams of Fat, 5 Grams of Protein, 4 Grams of Fiber, 1 Gram of Sugar &  250 Grams of Sodium. Dr. Praeger's is made with all vegetables. Taste Great Microwaved & Topped With a Piece of Dairy Free Cheese or With Some Humus. These are not available at my local Super Target so I no longer purchase them and have had to find a substitute.

The Second is Brand New By Gardein
130 Calories
5 Grams of Fat
17 Grams of Protein
2 Grams of Fiber
1 Gram of Sugar
280 Grams of Sodium

This tasted just like a burger fresh of the grill to me, I put this on a Spelt Bun With Mustard BBQ Sauce, Dill Relish, & Grape Tomato Slices. This would be wonderful crumbled up to make a chili or pasta sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment