2 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
2-3 TBSP Splenda
1/2 TSP Ground Cinnamon
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1/4 TSP Baking Soda
1/8 TSP Sea Salt
6 TBSP Very Cold Smart Balance Butter Blend
2 Large Ripe Bananas
2 TBSP Buttermilk
Preheat Oven to 425
Grease a Large Baking sheet or Use Parchment Paper
1. Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. With a pastry knife, cut in the cold butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
3. Mash the bananas and stir in the buttermilk.
4. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until partially combined and then turn out onto the counter. Knead until the dough just holds together. (Over mixing will make the scones tough.)
5. Pat the dough into a 3/4-inch thick circle. Cut the circle into wedges and place on the prepared Baking sheet leaving one inch between the scones to allow for expansion.
6. Bake for 13 minutes or until the scones begin to brown.
Top With Agave, Preserves, or Fresh Melted Butter Blend
Topped With Some Agave