Friday, November 4, 2011

Mexican Vegetable Saute

I do not know about you, but I love getting free items and especially free food. I received a $10 postcard in the mail from the local Mexican Grocery Store. There was no minimum purchase required so I spent almost $1.00 because I did not think about taxes and I was off on the lb price on one of my veggies.

1 Dutch Oven
1 TBSP Canola Oil
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
1 Diced Onion
1 Mexican Squash Peeled & Cubed
1/2 Cup Diced Jicama
1/2 Cup  Sliced Red, Yellow & Orange Mini Bell Peppers
1 Bunch Collard Greens Chopped
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 Can No Salt Added Petite Diced Tomatoes
2 TBSP Minced Garlic
1 TBSP Sesame Seed
1/4 TSP Ground White Pepper
1/8 TSP Sea Salt
1 TBSP Mexican Oregano

Heat Dutch Oven On Medium
Add Oil
Add Onion, Squash, Jicama, Peppers, Collard Greens, Cilantro, Tomatoes, Garlic
Add Spices & Saute Till Done

No comments:

Post a Comment