Saturday, November 12, 2011

Baked Chicken For Pitas, Wraps, Tortilla

I tried no meds, using gugul plus, red yeast rice, being vegan, being a vegetarian and my cholesterol was still HIGH so I was really quite frustrated. I started using a cholesterol medication in 2003 and varying my diet with alternative meats (buffalo, venison, ostrich, quail, rabbit). My most recent cholesterol test showed that my total levels went up from 199 to 202 and my triglycerides from 150 to 162 despite being on a statin drug so my focus is to try and come up with a different approach to tackle this with even more spices & foods that are anti-inflammatory.

3 Quart Oven Roasting Pan
1 Mixing Bowl
1 Ziploc Bag
2.5 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 TBSP Canola Oil
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
1 TBSP Basil
1 TBSP Crushed Rosemary
1 TBSP Cilantro
1 TSP Ground Cumin
1 TSP Ground Corriander
2 TBSP Smoked Paprika
2 TBSP Minced Garlic
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/8 Cup Rice Vinegar
Juice of 3 Oranges

Place Chicken in Ziploc Bag
Add All Items to Bowl & Mix
Pour Over Chicken & Marinate for 2 -3 Hours in Refridgerator

Pre-Heat Oven to 400 Degrees
Add Chicken With Marinade to Pan & Bake Until Chicken Is 165
Remove Chicken, Cool & Then Shred to Add Into a Multi-Grain Pita


Ready To Bake












Ready to Eat
Serve in Pita, Tortilla, or Wrap
Serve Over Rice or Pasta
Serve in a Salad
Blend Leftovers Into Soup in Vitamix

No comments:

Post a Comment