Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Cornbread in Skillet

Pumpkin is not just for Halloween, Thanksgiving, & the Christmas Holidays, I use canned pumpkin all year round, I use it for Pumpkin Soup in my Vitamix, Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Overnight Oatmeal, my Pumpkin Cornbread, as well as using Pumpkin to act as a binder in baking to replace oil or butter and sometimes even to replace eggs in a recipe. I love all things Corn and just about anything with Pumpkin so this combines my love of both.

I do not have a Cast Iron Skillet because I have Arthritis, Neuropathy, Neuritis & Carpal Tunnel Issues with my hands, as well dropping items on a regular basis due to the decreasing strength in my hands. I make mine is non stick skillet that is oven safe to 400 Degrees. But if you have a Cast Iron Pan by all means use it.

Since I went Gluten Free again I mainly use Gluten Free Flours and Non Dairy Milks in my recipes. You can use regular Cow's Milk and flours with Gluten but you will need to alter the portions using less or more of the milks and any wheat containing flours as well as egg whites and main stream sweeteners like honey, sugar, or brown sugar because I do not use those.

One 12 Inch Cast Iron or Non-Stick Oven Safe Skillet
Lodge Logic Skillet - 12" - Lodge Logic (Google Affiliate Ad)
Non Stick Cooking Spray or A Seasoned Cast Iron Pan
1 Cup Cornmeal
1 Cup to 1 1/2 Cups Rice Flour or All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1/8 TSP Sea Salt
1/4 -1/2 Cup Splenda
1 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
1 15 Ounce Can of Organic Pumpkin Puree and not Pumpkin Pie Filling
3 Egg Whites
1 TBSP Vanilla
1 Cup of Organic Unsweetened Soy Milk

Add All Dry Items to Mixing Bowl & Mix
Add All Wet Items to a Second Mixing Bowl & Mix
Pour Wet Items over Dry & Mix Together

Preheat Oven to 400
Bake 20-25 Minutes or Until A Wooden Pick Inserted in Center Come Out Dry




No comments:

Post a Comment