Saturday, October 13, 2012

Balsamic Carrots

Being on a fixed budget and relaying on support for groceries from relatives and food pantries makes it almost impossible for me to buy many organic foods or even buy anything anymore at a Farmer's Market. Earthbound Farms was running a promotion on Facebook to get a free reusable shopping bag and to print some of there coupons for their Organic Products. For some reason the links were not working to allow me to get either. I sent them an email message through Facebook and they mailed me one of their free reusable bags as well as $25 dollars in coupons for there products. I used two of the coupons they mailed me to get 2 one pound bags of their baby cut carrots for free and I used their other coupons to get more free produce for myself.

One Large Jelly Roll Pan ( They have an edge instead of flat as in a baking sheet)
http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/24348-chicago-metallic-commercial-jelly-roll-pan.aspx?sourcecode=DW1GG1036&gclid=CIOcqejs_rICFcxcMgodpiQAKg
One Pound of Baby Cuts Rinsed And Dried
Balsamic Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Freeze Dried Italian Seasoning Chilled Overnight In a Cruet
I used my Good Seasons Cruet Bottle And Measured to the Water Line With Baslamic Vinegar
then I poured my EVOO to about an inch below the Oil Marking on the Cruet, then added in 1 TBSP of my Freeze Dried Italian Herb Blend Seasoning, shook the mixture and then chilled overnight in my fridge.
I always use Lighthouse or Frontier Freeze Dried Seasonings.
one mixing bowl

Preheat Oven to 425
Take Dressing from Fridge shake it and then pour over carrots and coat evenly in a bowl
Place carrots on pan
Bake for about 25 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment