Friday, November 2, 2012

Garlic Sesame Chili Beans And Rice


Despite the recent warnings on Arsenic & Brown Rice, I am not abandoning eating brown rice nor I am switching to white rice now or in the near future. I always find Brown Rice Coupons and Sales and they have have brown rice at the local Food Pantries when I need to go there.

This recipe use a 6 Quart Dutch Oven, the one I have is Stainless Steel made By Wearever, the primary reason being is, that I can't lift the Cast Iron or Porcelain Enamel Ones because of my Arthritis, Neuropathy, & hand weakness, nor can I afford them either. This is a link to just one brand of Stainless Steel Ones. Mine was under $30, no reason to spend hundreds of dollars when you get one that will last just as long or longer for much less money. You could also use one 12 Inch Skillet, 3 Separate Small Saucepan, & the Microwave to make this meal. I find it easier just to use one pot & the Microwave.

One 6 Quart Dutch Oven
All-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless-Steel Dutch Oven with Lid, 5-1/2 quart - 5 (Google Affiliate Ad)
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
1-2 TBSP Minced Garlic
16 Ounces Brown Rice Steamed
One Can Each of No Salt Added Black Beans & Light Red Kidney Beans Triple Rinsed
2-4 TBSP or More of Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
http://www.franksredhot.com/products/sweet-chili-sauce

Add Oil to Dutch Oven
Heat Oil on Medium
Add in Garlic, Brown Rice, Beans & Frank's Sauce
Cook for 10-15 Minutes















No comments:

Post a Comment