Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Balsamic Garlic Onion Beef Stewmeat Saute

Being on a tight budget requires me to be always creative in my cooking and use less expensive cuts of meat to make meals more & more. Many people just go for one type/cut of meat and make the same dish over & over, I enjoy variety and I like experimenting with flavors. A less expensive cut of meat may require a marinade to tenderize/infuse flavors into the meat for a few hours or overnight or longing cooking time in the form of braising, a slow cooker, or some other way. I don't find that many major differences in some cuts of meat and enjoy it just as much.

Super Target had a sale on Certified Angus Organic Beefstew Meat and a Target Coupon online and the item was on clearance because it had to be sold that day. I picked up a 1 pound package of Cubed Beefstew Meat for $1.00 and then froze it. Normally with Beefstew Meat I would braise it in my 5 Quart Stainless Steel Dutch Oven, but this time I decided to cook my Beefstew Meat quicker.

12 Inch Non Stick Skillet or Cast Iron
Cuisinart Chef's Classic 12-In. Stainless Steel Skillet (Google Affiliate Ad)
Lodge Logic Skillet - 12" - Lodge Logic (Google Affiliate Ad)
1 TBSP Canola Oil
1 Diced Onion
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
1/4 Cup Gluten Free Soy Sauce ( This link is just an example for GF Brands)
Bulk Savings 362316 Kari Out Low Sodium Soy Sauce Gluten Free- Case of 400 (Google Affiliate Ad)
1/8 TSP Sea Salt
1/4 TSP Ground Black Pepper
1/8 - 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar

Meat Oil on Medium High Heat
Add in Everything and Cook Until Beef Stewmeat is Done to Your Liking
You Can Then Top Your Stewmeat Meal Over Rice or Noodles or Eat As Is.
I served this over a Rice, Bean & Broccoli Dish. I will link this to that recipe.



Almost Done

No comments:

Post a Comment