Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My New Favorite Snack

Seems a bit uncanny that I managed to make it through the entire winter season Nov 2010-April 2011 in Illinois with no colds, no sinus or bronchial infections, pneumonia or the even the flu, but the minute Spring officially started this year I became sick and have been dealing with one infection after another. This zapped my energy, daily functionality, as well as my cognitive thinking skills all at once, hence the gap in posting lately. Now back to the topic at hand.

Everyone reading my Blog posts 1st on MySpace 2003 thru early 2010 and now on here since 2010 has learned that I love alternative & healthier foods. I am a serious fan of the Terra Brand of chips. There chips are always made with various types of healthy vegetables, healthy potatoes, healthy spices, seasonings, extracts, & oils. There chips are also not fried. While the price is more expensive then larger commercials products such as Jays and Lays potato chips, or others, there is no real comparison. Those brands traditionally have many more un-natural additives, flavors and extracts with names I can't even pronounce. 

My rule with eating whether it is snacks, protein, vegetables, etc...for many years, has always been if I do not know what it is, then it is not healthy for me or anyone else to eat. Simply put, if you can't pronounce the chemical ingredient in your purchase, don't buy it, no matter how cheap it is with coupons or on sale.

My second rule is to buy everything I buy possibly can with a coupon, stacked coupons or tripple coupons for that one item and also buy it on sale. This way I can enjoy healthier food and healthier snacks on a very limited budget.

Terra has created Terra Thai Basil Curry Chips. They are made with root vegetables, healthy potatoes and lots of other healthy stuff. They have 18 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 2 grams of sugar, 140 Calories, 100MG of Sodium and 8 grams of fat for 13 chips. While you might think that is a lot of fat, it is much less then someone getting french fries in the states at McDonalds, Burger King, Five Guys, and Red Robin to name a few. They are on sale in Illinois this week and this past Sunday in the Chicago Tribune there were $1.00 off coupons. I do not buy chips of any kind at all unless I have a coupon and they are on sale. By counting out my serving size, this allows me to control my health, sodium levels and not regain any weight I have lost. I never eat the whole bag which allows me to enjoy my snack for the few times a year it goes on sale.

Here is a pick of this little snack treasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment