Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cinnamon Almond Cashew Butter in my Vitamix

Perhaps, I might have some Italian in my blood line hundreds or thousands of years ago? Of course my current relatives born in the states would think I was having an early senior moment. It is interesting to wonder this, despite having relatives who passed away long ago, that were born in Poland and Russia. The reason I mention this, is that I have read and heard many Italians mention they never throw any food out, they always find something to make with every last piece of food.

Keeping that in mind, encourages me to try and always make something with whatever I have in my freezer, cabinets or fridge and use substitutes instead of going to the store always for 1 specific item. This is a great strategy to practice during our cold, snowy, & icy winters.

I Did Not Have Enough Almonds And It Was Such A Gloomy, Rainy And Cold Day Here in the Central Midwest When I Made This, That I Decided to Combine Them With My Cashew Halves From My Freezer That I Had Purchased at the Indian Grocery in December.

I have to say homemade nut and seed butter is always MUCH better then any store bought you can buy.

1 Vitamix or Equivalent Product (Some Food Processors Can Do This)
1/8 - 1/4 Cup or a TAD More of Canola or Olive Oil
1 8 Oz. Jar of Blue Diamond Natural Cinnamon Brown Sugar Roasted Almonds (Plain if You Prefer)
2 Cups of Roasted Salted Cashew Halves or Wholes (Or Use Unsalted &; Add In Sea Salt 1/8 TSP)
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1/8 -TSP Agave Nectar
11/8 TSP Maple Syrup

Add All Items to Vitamix As Listed Above And Blend According to Instructions. Scoop butter out and put into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. This should last you a few weeks depending on how many people are eating this. You could add the warm nut butter to a glass canning jar or other container. This will make 2 Cups of Nut Butter. You Can Also Use Nut Butter As A Facial But Then Use Unsalted Nuts.




No comments:

Post a Comment