Friday, September 21, 2012

Soup With Greens And Grains

Whenever there is a brisk fall chill in the air making soup, chili or some type of stew are my go to meals. It just seems like one's body craves heartier food when it is colder outside then when it is warm. As many of you already know, I am all about one pot meals, whether it be in my Crockpot, Dutch Oven, Skillet or a Casserole Dish. I try to use whatever I have in refrigerator, freezer, and cabinets to make a comprehensive meal that will last a few days or even more which then allows me to freeze my leftovers.

One 5-6 Quart Dutch Oven
1 TBSP Canol Oil
One Pound Isernio's Italian Chicken Sausage Roll
http://www.isernio.com/Products/ChickenSausageRolls.aspx
4 Cups Very Low Sodium Chicken Stock
One Bunch Broccolini Cleaned & Cubed
One Diced Onion
1-2 TBSP Minced Garlic
1-2 Cups Steamed Brown Rice
1 Sweet Potato Steamed And Shredded
1-2 TBSP Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
http://www.franksredhot.com/products/sweet-chili-sauce
1/4 TSP Sea Salt
1/4 TSP Ground Black Pepper

Heat Oil on Medium in Dutch Oven
Add in Onion & Sausage And Cook
Add in Stock, then Add in Everything Else
Cover and Simmer on Low for 20 Minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment