Friday, September 28, 2012

Greens And More

With the change in seasons I am making sure to use greens in my meals while they are still available at the grocery store. Perhaps it because I live in Illinois but during the fall & winter I have a very difficult time finding any kale, mustard & collard greens, swiss chard, and purslane at the grocery store. I find this surprising because the growing season for most of these greens is from July-December.

One 12 inch Skillet
I TBSP Canola Oil
Equal Parts Cleaned/Diced Kale, Mustard Greens, Collard Greens, Swiss Chard, & Purslane (Optional)
1/2 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
1/8 TSP Sea Salt
1 Package Nasoya Organic Cubed Firm Tofu Rinsed/Drained (or Other brand)
1 TBSP Tabasco Chipotle Sauce ( I have not found any substitutes for this unless you make your own)
http://www.tabasco.com/tabasco-products/sauces/tabasco-chipotle-sauce/


Heat Oil On Medium High Heat
Add in Everything And Saute Till Greens Are Slightly Wilted and Peppers are Soft


Ready to Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment