Friday, September 28, 2012

Banana Protein Smoothie Popsicles

There are plenty of already made smoothies one can buy in the grocery store in the refrigerated & frozen sections and mainstream brands, (Dole, Silk, Odwalla, Naked) keep coming out with more, unfortunately they are loaded with Sugar, Sodium, Preservatives and Ingredients I have no clue what it is, I have made it a personal mission of mine to try and eat the least processed food as possible.

Having a Vitamix allows me to make smoothies all the time, to be honest I make smoothies every day, sometimes I make extra and put my leftover in a Tuperware drink container in my refrigerator to have later in the day, other times I pour my extra into a Popsicle mold and freeze it so I can have my smoothie as a Popsicle later. I was at Bed Bath & Beyond over the summer and I found a Popsicle mold to make 4 Popsicles on clearance and then I used my 20% of Coupon to get it really cheap. This recipe is for making one shake to drink and using the extra for your Popsicles.

Equipment Needed
One Popsicle Mold for 4 Popsicles
One Vitamix or Equivalent
One Cup of Non GMO Organic Unsweetened Soymilk or Other Type
1-2 TBSP Ground Flaxseed
2-3 Small Ripe Bananas
Two Scoops Organic Non GMO Brown Rice Protein or 99% Lactose Free Whey Protein
2-3 One Inch Squares of Left-over Pumpkin Cornbread or a Granola Bar
8-10 Ice Cubes

Add Everything in order listed above to the Vitamix
Follow Vitamix Instructions for Blending
Pour Into Your Drink Container and Drink Some Now and Then Pour The Rest Into Your Popsicle Mold
Freeze and then enjoy when you want within 2 months




No comments:

Post a Comment