Friday, September 21, 2012

Hemp Cornbread

Being Gluten Free and refusing to spend big money on already prepared Gluten Free items and regain massive weight with those prouducts, has forced me to continually experiment and create Gluten & Dairy Free recipes that are edible, tasty, and not super pricey to make as well being something that others will eat besides me.

I have found the easiest baking recipes for me to be ones where I use a base of cornmeal and then a gluten free flour along with a Dairy Free Milk Alternative. All the cookbooks and Blogs I have read in the last 10-15 years never use cornmeal at all for baking or for breading items, the ones I have read all seem to rely on using 5-6 individual Gluten Free Flours to make an All Purpose Gluten Free Mix, ie: (Sorghum, Potato, Tapoica. Amaranth, Brown Rice, & Almond Meal). I simply do not have the budget to pay $3-4 per 12-16OZ Package for each one of these and then mix them to bake one item. It is much more economical for me to just get a 1 or 2 LB container of Cornmeal and then use Rice Flour to bake something. Almond Meal on its own can run $15-20 for a 10 Ounce Container.

1 Loaf Pan
Cooking Spray or Parchment Paper
1 Mixing Bowl
1 1/2 Cups Yellow Corn Meal
1 1/2 Cups Rice Flour
3/4 Cup Splenda
1 1/2 TBSP Aluminum Free Baking Powder
1/2 TSP Sea Salt
1/4 TSP Apple Pie Spice
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
2 Egg Whites
1 Cup Vanilla or Plain Hemp Milk

Add All Dry Items to Bowl
Add All Wet & Mix
Pour Into Grease or Parchment Line Loaf Pan



No comments:

Post a Comment