Monday, September 24, 2012

Cornbread Guacamole Skillet Meal

I have said this before, but it bears repeating, centuries ago there must have been some Italian lineage in my Family DNA despite my being current knowledge of my relative being of Russian/Polish and Jewish, I do not waste food. I always use everything I can when cooking  food and then I find another use to make with my Original meal. This recipe uses fresh ingredients, one of my many leftover homemade cornbread recipes  and some already made food to create a new recipe. I gave up trying to make the perfect omelette and any omelette period, too much work, now I just make any egg dish by cooking all my ingredients, then adding in my Egg whites as I never use any egg yolks. So every things becomes a semi-frittata, because mine are not as thick and I do not use milk or egg yolks.

One Twelve Inch Skillet
1 TBSP Canola Oil
8 Ounces Sliced Shitake Mushrooms
1/2 Cup Diced Roasted Red Pepper (I use Mezzeta from the Bottle because I could print coupons)
http://www.mezzetta.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=mezzetta&Category_Code=ropeppers
1 Diced Onion
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
5 Manzilla Diced Olives ( I Used Goya because I could print coupons)
http://www.goya.com/english/product_subcategory/Condiments/Olives-Capers#34
Dash of Ground Black Pepper
Dash of Sea Salt
4 Ounces Steamed Chopped Spinach
1 100 Calorie Package of Wholly Guacamole
http://eatwholly.com/products/wholly-guacamole/classic-snack-pack.html
Left Over Cubed Cornbread
Enough Egg whites to Cover Skillet ( I cooked everything & then add in Eggwhites to Skillet)
I used Crystal Farms Allwhites Egg whites poured straight from the carton. I never buy shell eggs.
http://www.allwhiteseggwhites.com/products/product.cfm?prid=1

Heat oil in skillet on Medium
Add in Onion, Garlic, Mushrooms, Olives
Add in Sea Salt & Pepper
Cook Until Soft
Add in Egg Whites to cover pan, cook until bottom is set
Add in Peppers, Spinach, Cornbread, & Guacamole, cook a few minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment