Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pistachio, Almond, & Cashew Butter in My Vitamix

I have been making my own nut & seed butters for a while since I have had my Vitamix. It is easier to control the amount of salt & sugar in my nut & seed butters this way. Commercial Brands almost always add sodium and some type of sweetener. I do not add any sodium as the nuts I am using for this recipe here have already been roasted & lightly salted. Even when I use roasted & unsalted nuts I do not add any salt at all. Although I do sometimes add a sweetener and maybe an extract flavor depending on what type of nut butter I am making.

1 Vitamix

  1. 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
  2. 8 Oz/1 Cup  Shelled Pistachios
  3. 16 Oz/2 Cups Mixture of Roasted Cashew Slices & Whole Almonds
  4. 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
  5. 1/4 - 1/2 TSP Sweetener of Your Choice
Add All Items In The Order Listed Above And Follow Instructions In Your Vitamix For Processing



Last for 3-4 Weeks or Longer In The Refrigerator

No comments:

Post a Comment