Sunday, November 28, 2010

Salads With Veggies From The Farmers Markets

Salads Are Not Just for the Summer In My House. I Try To Eat Salads Every Day of The Week All Year Long.  The only times I don't is if I run out of salad, am out of town and it is not available or I  am to sick to go to the store. Of course living in the suburbs of Illinois there are times in the Deep Winter when it too cold and there is too much snow or ice on the road to even get to the stores for anything.

When I think of salad I do not think in terms of just lettuce alone. To me salad can be tomato, cucumbers & onion with some spices, oil & vinegar. There is the caprese salad, cucumber, onion & tomato salad, kidney bean salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, protein bean salad, nut salad, etc. The list is vast and could be a whole book on different types of salad.

Here is a simple one.

Dice 2-3 Large Cucumbers
Dice & Seed 6 Large Plum (Roma Tomatoes) More if They Are Small
Cut Up Several Leaves of Fresh Basil Depending on The Size
1/4 Cup Diced Buffalo Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 TSP Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Equal Amount or More of Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 TSP Ground Black Pepper

Mix All Together in a Bowl & Your Ready To Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment