Monday, July 23, 2012

Okra Tomato Bean Rice Onion Tofu Soup

We have had a very nice break in some of our extremely hot & humid weather that I have become spoiled with being able to actually enjoy being outside, drive with my car window open for the 1st time in 16 years during the month of July and super motivated to come up with lots more recipes and get back to a more regular posting schedule. That being said, when another heat wave hits my motivation might slow up a bit again.

Prior to the recent weather cool down I was staying inside and enjoying my wonderful Air Conditioning and extremely grateful to the inventor of this modern machine. I am also very appreciative of Thomas Edison for inventing Electricity. While I was staying indoors and not leaving my house for days due to the nasty hot & humid weather I realized that I have accumulated a lot of books, DVD's, CD's, some videos & Exercise Stuff that I never use anymore. In the beginning of June I decided to list this stuff on Amazon for sale. So far I have sold 45 items which is a nice start. Last week I decided to list some of my Betty Boop Collectibles for sale on my Amazon account as well. I have included a link for my Amazon items in case any of y'all are interested. The first page is my Betty Boop items and them the other 14 pages has more of what I have started to sell.
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=A2SU6R78VE9236

Now Back to The Soup!

1 5 Quart Dutch Oven
1 32 Ounce Box Very Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 14.5 Ounce Can No Salt Added Pinto Beans or Soak & Cook You Won Dried Beans
1 14.5 Ounce Can No Salt Added Petite Diced Tomatoes or Dice Fresh Ones
16 Ounces Steamed Brown Rice
16 Ounces Chopped Okra Steamed
1 Package Frozen Diced Onions Steamed or Saute Your Own Fresh and Drain
1 Package of Extra Firm Cubed Tofu Drained

Empty Soup into Dutch Oven
Now Add Everything Into The Soup, Cover And Simmer For 20-30 Minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment