Friday, July 27, 2012

Okra Chili


For those of you who have not been reading my blog the last few years OKRA is one of my favorite vegetables and I make as many recipes as I can think of with OKRA.


1 5 Quart Dutch Oven
1 TBSP Canola Oil
I Package Isernio's Italian Chicken Sausage Cooked
1 Diced Onion
16 Ounces Chopped Okra Steamed
1 14.5 Ounce Can No Salt Added Petite Diced Tomatoes or Dice & Seed Fresh Ones
1 14.5 Ounces Can No Salt Added Pinto Beans or Soak and Cook Your Own Dried Ones
8 Ounces Steamed Brown Rice
1/4-1/2 Cup Very Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Add Ground Cumin & Coriander If You Prefer It Spicier, However The Sausage is Already Seasoned

Heat Oil on Medium in Your Dutch Oven
Add in Sausage & Onion And Brown
Remove Dutch Oven From Cooktop & Drain Excess Oil
Add in Everything Else to Dutch Oven
Turn Burner to Low, Cover Dutch Oven and Simmer for 30-45 Minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment