Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chili, Apple & Pineapple Cornbread

Now that the holidays and my friends and families January birthdays are over I have finally found some downtime to get back to posting my recipes again. In addition to all my friends and family having January birthdays I had my own 49th myself. I went out quite a bit for free meals for my birthday both with family, friends, and myself using coupons for free emails from various restaurant e-clubs. It is very sobering to know that next year I will hit the big 50 and so many of my contemporaries will not be making the journey with me as they have all passed away from Cancer. So far my prior Cancer is still in remission, and my 2 current tumors on my Left Kidney & my Right Adrenal Gland do not appear to be Cancerous. It will also be a somber time for me as my late Aunt Leah died in 1997 when she was 50.


Another recipe in my never ending quest for my favorite gluten-free type of bread (Cornbread).


1 Cup Cornmeal
1 Cup Rice Flour
1/4 Cup Splenda
4 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/4 TSP Xanthan Gum
2 Egg Whites
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy or Coconut Milk
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1-2 TBSP Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
1/4 TSP Smart Balance Olive Oil Blend Butter Stick
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Pineapples Pureed
1 Bread Loaf Pan
Parchment Paper
Non Stick Baking Spray
Mixing Bowl

Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees
Add All Dry Items To Bowl
Add All Wet Items & Mix
Cut Parchment Paper To Fit Bread Pan
Spray Paper

Bake 425 25-40 Minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment