Sunday, February 5, 2012

Banana Almond Cinnamon Tortilla

For years I lived a completely Gluten & Dairy Free life as I had chronic issues with Candida. In 2007 my new doctor said people who follow these types of diets miss important nutrients and vitamins. He tested me and said I did not have Celiac Disease so I should go back to eating Gluten. So I started adding Gluten back into my life over the last 5 years. No one told me that if you are not eating Gluten that the test would always be negative. In 2009 and again in 2011 after being back on all types of Gluten  my numbers did go up but I still did not test positive for Celiac Disease.  In 2011 I was sick with all types of infections and spent a lot of time at the Immediate Care Center, the Dermatologist, & my Immunologists office. So in 2012 I have decided to get off Gluten once again. This time I will not go of Oats as my problem seems to be directly focused with Wheat & like grains. My recipes going forward will all be made with Gluten Free Flours. Corn Tortillas will  be my new daily bread.

1 Plate
1 Small Corn Torttila
2 TBSP Almond Butter
1 Sliced Banana
1 TBSP Ground Cinnamon Powder

Place tortilla on plate, Spread with Almond Butter, Top with Banana Slices, Sprinkle Cinnamon on Top.


No comments:

Post a Comment