Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ground Chicken Garlic Okra Kale Spinach Chili

Chili and soup are just so easy to make during the fall & winter that I tend to become lazy with creating new recipes. Perhaps the reason I create so many new recipes and constantly experiment is because I get bored eating something the same way and I am trying to cook close to the seasons and with what is available at a lower price? I try to buy as much as I can with coupons and I am always able to find coupons online for the brand Gold N Plump so I keep buying their Ground Chicken on Sale really cheap at Super Target and using my coupons to get a 1 Pound Package for 99 Cents to $1.50, I have 4 or 5 packages in my freezer right now.

1 Dutch Oven (Go With a Stainless Steal One)


1 TBSP Canola Oil
1 LB Ground Chicken 90% Lean & 10% Fat or 95% Lean & 5% Fat
1 Diced Onion
1 TBSP Minced Garlic

1 TBSP Ground Cumin
1-2 TBSP Ground Corriander
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1/4 TSP Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Smoked Paprika

1 14.5 Ounce Can of Diced Tomatoes With Cilantro & Lime Juice
If you can't find these Crush Your Own Tomatoes & Add in 1/4 TSP Dried Cilantro & 1 TBSP Lime Juice
10 Ounces of Frozen Chopped Spinach Steamed, Drained and Patted Dry
6 Ounces of Frozen Chopped Okra Steamed And Drained
6 Ounces of Kale Chopped, Steamed, & Drained

Heat Oil on Medium High
Add in Chicken & Start to Brown
Add In Onion, Garlic, & All Dried Spices & Continuing Browning Chicken
Add in Everything Else & Simmer on Low for 30-45 Minutes






No comments:

Post a Comment