Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Healthy Vegan Protein Saute

Welcome to 2013, Hope it has started off for all of you well and continues to be a Healthy, Happy & Wealthy Year. Hard to believe that I have not posted since 11/17/12, I can't really say the Holidays were my primary reason for being such a slug in posting, more a combination of battling a long term sinus infection, being treated with a Steroid Med and then an Antibiotic, food poisoning from an outing at a Restaurant I prefer never to go to again, and having lots of medical tests done.

I received more gift cards this year then I expected so I have been able to go to several different stores for foods that I would normally not ever be able to buy. I still have some money left on two gift cards to get food at. On the plus side I did not have to go to the Food Bank for food in December and I will not have to go for the month of January for food. I'll have to see how the next few months shape up for me financially and whether I need to go again or not. I do have twenty photos to post of recipes to add here. Do to being sick I did not create as many new recipes as I would have during this same time period previously. I also had some meals out over the holidays which provided left overs and no cooking for me.

For January I have been picking up lots of Free Meals from Restaurants who have email, loyalty and rewards programs that I belong too due to my upcoming 50th Birthday 1/22/2013. These Restautants send out coupons for Free Meals, Desert, Appetizers, or Add The Meals to a Reward Card for you to use during your Birth Month. I also have been taking advantage of lots of opportunities to receive free samples through Facebook and get coupons for Free Products for Organic & Natural Vendors as well.

Now back to the purpose of showing you recipes and PICs of them.

One 10 Inch Skillet, This is Just an Example of one Commercial One to Use



1 TBSP Canola Oil
1 14.5 Ounce Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
10 Ounce Box of Frozen Chopped Spinach, Steamed, Drained and Patted Dry
1 Bunch of Kale Cleaned, Soaked Overnight With Sea Salt, & Drained
One Diced Onion
1-2 TBSP Minced Garlic
8 Ounces Portebella Mushrooms, Cleaned, Drained, Patted Dry, & Sliced
2 TBSP Sun Dried Tomatoes
1/4 TSP Ground Black Pepper
1/4 TSP Corriander
1/4 TSP Dill
1 Pkage House of Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles, Triple Rinsed, Drained, Boiled in Microwave 3 Minutes
This link below is to an explanation of what they are. I buy mine at my local Meijer Grocery Store.
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/p/shiratakinoodle.htm

Heat Oil On Medium High High Heat
Add in Everthing & Saute Until Onions, Garlic are Opague and Kale is Wiled as well As Spinach








No comments:

Post a Comment