Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cashew Apple Salad

The weather in the Far Northwest Suburbs of Illinois has certainly been unpredictable for the last few months. First, we broke the 150 year-old rainfall record for the month of July, 2nd we had our hottest summer ever, and our third wettest summer. All this excess rain has caused an abundance of summer-time pests in my city and by my house. Unfortunately I have the misfortune of being allergic to mosquitoes, bees, wasps, and other summer time creatures. I had a bad reaction to a spider bite and was sick for over a week dealing with the effects of this, which is why I have not posted lately. In addition I have been dealing with Neuritis, Neuropathy, & Fibromyalgia flare-ups which makes it very difficult to type at all. I always take PIC's and store them for days when I do feel good to post.

1 Large Bowl
2 Cups Chopped Romaine or Leaf Lettuce
1 Chopped Green Apple With Skin
6 Sliced Grape Tomatoes
2 Chopped Mini Red & Orange Bell Peppers
1 TSP Litehouse Salad Herbs
8-10 Sliced Cashews
3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Canola Oil
Fresh Grated Imported Pecorino Romano Cheese

Layer All Items In Bowl, Grate Cheese On Top



No comments:

Post a Comment