Saturday, February 5, 2011

Inflammation, Healing Spices, & Food

With the Recent Blizzard & Cold in Illinois I Have Had A TON of Time For Reading On The Web. My Favorite Sites Are Almost Anything by Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Mehmet Oz, And Deepak Chopra.This allows me to learn about alternative ingredients, minerals, vitamin, supplements, herbs, & spices. In my cooking I try to be mindful and use products that have great vitamin content and spices with healing properties.

As a long time suffer of Chronic Pain I am interested in using Food to help me feel better instead of having to spend a lot of money on Western Medical Drugs. I try to incorporate spices, produces, vegetables, grains, legumes, nuts, & seeds that are beneficial to my body and help to cut down on the inflammation process.

Inflammation is the hallmark contributer to many diseases. Some diseases whose base is contributed by Inflammation are Diabetes, Heart Disease, Arthritis, Insulin Resistance, Fibromyalgia, & Cancer. By following a less inflammatory diet I am hoping to decrease my issues with all of these.

I use Garlic, Ginger, Cumin, Turmeric, Curry Powder, Cinnamon & Nutmeg to help decrease my Inflammation which is why you will find them in many of my recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment