Friday, August 31, 2012

Peach Nectarine Green Bean Salad

Summers to me growing up was always the joy of Farm Fresh Ripe & Juicy Fruit. Granted with today's Global Markets in the United States of America you can pretty much get any fruit you want all year round. As I get older with the on-going Local-vore, and Farm to Table Movements why do people still want to eat Fruit that has traveled thousands of miles, been picked prematurely, and covered with tons of heavy industrial pesticides? Why are Farmers Markets still considered a novelty and why does buying directly from the Farmer cost so much? Why is the cost for Organic Produce so expensive?  If I could afford it, I would buy a lot more Organic Produce then I currently am, the optimist in me wants to think that many others feel the same way?

 Perhaps the closer I get to my 50th Birthday which will be during the month of January 2013 I am feeling nostalgic for a simpler time, way of life, the joys of local farm fresh food. I can still remember my Maternal Grandparents taking me with them to the local Farms to buy Fresh Produce directly, the smell of fresh apples, pears, plums and other fruits. May folks are purists and only eat fruits whole & plain exactly as they are, I believe that fruits are meant to be eaten at any of of day or night in an way you want. I transform fruits in my smoothies, shakes, soups, sauces, glazes, baking, stir-frys, wraps, sandwiches, as a salsa, etc.

1 Large Bowl
1-2 Cups Cut Up Romaine Lettuce
1 Peach Cleaned & Cubed With Skin On
1 Nectarine Cleaned & Cubed With Skin On
1/2 Cup Cucumber Skinned & Cubed
1/2 Cup French Style Green Beans Steamed & Cubed
1 TSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar

Add All Produce To Bowl
Add Oil & Vinegar & Toss






No comments:

Post a Comment