Sunday, December 4, 2011

Leftover Turkey Chili & Frozen Sweet Potato Soup

Between getting injections for my knees, my upper traps/shoulder, my right hip, my 1st ever adult eczema & cradle crap attacks, 2nd shingles attack, a serious infection from a spider bite, and then a wicked sinus/ear/bronchitis episode the months of Sept-Dec have been pretty rough on me health wise. I  have not been cooking as much as I normally would. I have been eating lots of soup by taking meals from my freezer adding some Unsweetened soy milk or very low sodium chicken broth & some spices and then blending it all in my Vitamix. For this recipe I took out some turkey blackbean chili in my freezer and thawed overnight, then added some frozen sweet potato fries, smoke paprika and soymilk and made a great chili soup.

Make this, freeze it and then in a few months have some great soup.
 http://mycontinuingthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/10/black-bean-turkey-chicken-chili.html
Take down 1 package of frozen chili which is 1 1/2 - cups of chili
Use about a cup of frozen sweet potato fries
http://mycontinuingthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/08/quick-east-sweet-potato-fries.html
1 Cup of Unsweetened Soy Milk
2 TBSP Smokes Paprika
Blend in Vitamix 4-5 Minutes or other Brand With Commercial Quality High Speed Motor

No comments:

Post a Comment