Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Orange Apricot Sweet and Spicy Beans And Rice

Despite my typical rule for not buying canned beans due to the high salt content and my using dried beans for the last 5 years about 98% of the time I broke down and bought 8 cans of black beans, My local Angelo Captuos Priduc Market was selling La Preferida Beans for 79 Cents, I found coupons on the La Preferida web site for 40 cents and I was able to print 8 coupons, they expire this month so I used them all at one.
Here is the link below in case you want to take advantage of the coupon at your own local store, of course you might not catch them on sale for 79 cents but you will still have a nice coupon to use.

http://www.lapreferida.com/couponspromotions/

One 6 Quart Stainless Steel Dutch Oven This is My Go To Pot to Cook Just About Everything In
I have Werever which was about $30 with taxes. I do not see a reason to buy $250-350 Dutch Oven.


One 15 Ounce Can of Black Beans Triple Rinsed & Drained
If they have low Sodium Get Them and Then Triple Rinse & Drain Them As Well
16 Ounces Brown Rice Triple Rinsed, Drained, Steamed Without Salt And Drained Again
1-2 TBSP Smucker's Low Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade or Like Brand
1-2 TBSP Smucker's Low Sugar Apricot Preserves or Like Brand
http://www.smuckers.com/products/category.aspx?groupId=1&categoryId=7
1-3 TBSP Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
http://www.franksredhot.com/products/sweet-chili-sauce/nutrition/info
1/8 Canola Oil

Heat Oil on Medium High Heat
Add in Everything to Dutch Oven
Simmer on Low for 20 Minutes With Cover On







No comments:

Post a Comment